What's Your Hair IQ?
What is your hair care routine? Which hair products are the best for you? Don't know? No worries, you're not alone. Impulse Research has recently conducted a study that found many women make hair mistakes. Here are some tips that will help you take good care of your hair:
Fifty-three percent of women, who have participated in the study, have longer hair, and 55 percent have kept the same style for more than 12 months. To make sure your hair looks great and feels healthy, or if you're looking for a new style, follow the tips below:
• Unwanted split ends? Hairstylists suggest a quarter-inch trim every five weeks to avoid damage that is caused by split ends.
• Layers in long hair always give extra shape and manageability.
• Fringe can create softness and definition and at the same time you will have more styling options.
• If you don't want layers, highlights and lowlights are a great way to create texture and dimension.
Do you know that 75 percent of women use heat styling tools such as curling irons and blow-dryers, but only 16 percent use thermal protection products regularly? To prevent hair from heat damage, try thermal protection products.
Sixty-five percent of women said that they use a blow-dryer every day. What do you want to find in a blow-dryer:
• Frizz issues? Ionic blow-dryers can reduce drying time and help with frizz problems, as well as add body.
• Want to style your dry hair? Use a cooler setting or "cold shot" on blow-dryers.
• Hairstylists suggest adding a diffuser to enhance curls and create volume and texture.
Pick a Product
The right product can add volume, shine, hold, or curls. Here are some guidelines:
• The coarser and heavier your hair, the heavier your product needs to be. A gel is great for supporting dense hair, while wax and pomade separate and define your style.
• Choose a lightweight product if you have fine- or medium-textured hair. Mousse gives you definition and support and is a lighter styling solution than pomade or gel.
• Hairspray can come in a variety of strengths, from flexible to firm holds, and works with any hairstyle.
• Shine and smoothing serums add sheen to hair while controlling frizz. You can get them in a variety of weights, so there's a formula for all hair types.